Saturday, January 1, 2011

Bolivian Chocolate

My years in Ecuador were filled with yearning for good chocolate, I would have even accepted Hershey’s in my desperation.
krapulito
Though I had been told Bolivia has good chocolate my first chocolate experience here left me sad and disillusioned, thinking the chocolate is the same as in Ecuador. A very sweet young sister bought me ‘chocolate’ in service. The name “krapulito” was very fitting since they looked like rabbit turds yet tasted like wax covered cardboard. Needless to say I didn’t buy any chocolate for a few weeks.
Then one day I passed by the “Para Ti” chocolate store. Apparently they actually have a chocolate factory here in Sucre. I will never again dream of Hershey’s. Maybe it isn’t as good as Belgium chocolate but it isn’t far off. Smooth and creamy, even the dark is great. SO good. As they say here in Bolivia, super deli (really delicious)!

No comments:

Post a Comment