Saturday, January 1, 2011

Argentina here I come, whether I like it or not (september 2010)

Things don’t always work out as we plan, no matter how hard we try to make it go smoothly.
My visa situation has been a pain. Literally, I think I’m getting an ulcer and persistent headaches too. If any of you remember the movie “french kiss” you might remember the line ‘I’m currently with out country’. I watched the movie the other day and found myself identifying with it. If only a frenchman and a vineyard were waiting for me at the end of it all.... Maybe an Argentinean and a vineyard??? haha Too much to ask for? Ah well.
P1010179 copy
I’m going today to leave for the border with Argentina to re-do my entry visa in the hopes that they’ll give me the normal visa so I can look for work later and not the missionary visa that they want to give me. It’ll cost more at first but I think it’ll be worth it in the long run. And hey I wanted to go to Argentina anyways. Granted I didn’t want to just visit the border but hey, mustn't be picky.
This is just a taste of the red tape here in Bolivia, South America in general. Everything is super cheap. And in general very easy, unless of course you have to do anything with the government. It reminds me of HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy and the bureaucratic Vogons. There were never truer words than: Don’t forget your towel!

No comments:

Post a Comment