Sunday, May 24, 2009

busssssssssssssssssy

I haven't written in a while. I've wanted to, I've even had interesting things to talk about. I just haven't had the time. So know I've got the time and I don't know where to start. Might as well do it chronologically. I'll try not to bore you with too many details.

Chicago: As some of you know I went to Chicago for a week on a 'working' vacation. It was honestly more vacation than work but I was still exhausted by the end of the week. We stayed in an apartment building in the area known as the magnificent mile. I had my own apartment on the 45th floor (there's a pic on my flickr). I got to take the kids to all the fun places, navy pier, ect. I hit the art museum, china town and shopping on michigan ave on my own. Chicago is an old city, home of Jazz and the Blues too. There's a place called Jazz Record Mart in downtown. It is loaded to the gills with Jazz and Blues music. When you step through the doors you feel like you've gone back at least forty years. It's by far my favorite place in Chicago.

Ohio: The day after I got back from Chicago we left for the french special day assembly in ohio. I was worried Ohio would be just another Iowa (sorry Iowans). But Colombus turned out to be a cool college town. The assembly was wonderful, I understood way more than I thought I would. On the way there I had flashbacks of my first assembly in Spanish and the headaches, boredom and confusion that came along with it. I guess it really is true that if you learn one language it's much easier to learn another. :)

Other highlights since I last wrote have been 'the sounds' concert which was amazing. I also started teaching my first spanish class to a couple that recently switched to the spanish congregation. I love it. I can't wait to teach english in Peru! So that's it....

No comments:

Post a Comment