Sunday, February 22, 2009

I hate Walmart :D

I Hate Walmart and I'm not afraid to say it out loud. Walmart is what's wrong with this country. They took a good idea, something that works from Europe to Southeast Asia, and ruined it completely, taking away all of it's social-economic value. In Europe, Asia, South America- heck anywhere other than north america a vast majority of the population get their food from communal markets. 

Walmart took the idea and ran with it, a meat section, all the veggies you could want, dry stuffs, a dairy aisle, even a section for the once banned fire water all combined with clothing made in a third world country by 9 year olds (I'll save that one for another rant). The problem is that like all corporations they are all about the buck. The result? The de-humanization of the shopping experience. The friendly butcher no longer hands you your meat, it comes pre-slaughtered in plastic wrap. Veggies are flown in by plane and neatly arranged in the middle of the night when no one is looking. Etc. The people that used to provide these services are now forced to sell to the middle man for less than what things should be worth. The more I think about it the more I am sure that no one on earth can change all of this. But I still hate Walmart. 

This rant brought to you by: Walmart- Killer of small towns, slave traders and home of low low values. lol maybe I took this one too far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment