Thursday, February 5, 2009

Family

This week I'm in Charleston SC visiting family. I haven't been here in almost three years, yet I picked up right where I left off. Playing canasta with grandma and whoever is around, bugging uncle john (he loves it despite what he says), looking at old pictures. Funny how I don't realize how much I miss them until I'm around them. I never appreciated them when I was younger, and for some reason I don't miss them when I'm gone. Yet when I'm here I realize how important family is. I guess I always felt like the ugly duckling of the family (and I know everyone feels that way some times). But now that I'm not that slightly strange sensitive little girl I can appreciate my family for all their idiosyncrasies. It's a good feeling, coming home when you didn't think you could. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment